“Red Team Review” is an innovative program that provides professional guidance and a final review of a company’s SBIR/STTR proposal prior to submitting it to the participating federal agency.
The “red team” of SBDC specialists, led by Stephanie Amend, managing partner of Arrowhead Solutions, a govIRG company, first provides guidance on proposal preparation, offers tools and templates, and finally, takes the perspective of the agency and apply evaluation criteria that is articulated in the agency’s Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) through a red team review. This allows the proposal to be seen with fresh eyes—from a new perspective. After reviewing the team’s comments, the applicant has one last chance to edit his or her proposal prior to the agency’s final deadline.
In 2023, the Red Team Review program will focus on three separate agency solicitations—National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Department of Defense (DOD) and Department of Energy (DOE).
2023 Agency Focuses:
Round 1: National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
January 10: NASA FOA released
- January 23: Red Team Review applications due
- January 27: Red Team Review participants selected
- January 31: SBIR/STTR Proposal Preparation Workshop: NASA’s January FOA (required)
- March 3: Proposal drafts due for Red Team Review
- March 13: Proposals due to NASA
Round 2: Department of Defense (DoD)
Round 3: Department of Energy (DoE)
Proposal Preparation Workshop
This one-hour webinar will cover agency-specific information including registration, FOA content, a checklist of what to prepare, strategies on budgeting and more. This webinar is required for all program participants (but it open to small businesses across the country).
Tools & Templates
After the webinar, participants will receive agency-specific tools, templates and guides in order to prepare their proposal.
Red Team Review
Participants will submit their proposal draft and will receive a thorough “Red Team Review” by SBDC specialists. The specialists will review the team’s comments with the participant during a one-hour virtual meeting.*
In order to apply for this program, your company must:
- Be headquartered in the State of Colorado
- Be in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State
- Have less than 500 employees
- Meet the SBA’s SBIR/STTR Program Eligibility Requirements
- Not be a previous participant of the TechSource Red Team Review program
- Not hire an outside company to write its SBIR/STTR proposal
- Disclose if it has a current client relationship with Arrowhead Solutions, Pantheon Solutions or govIRG (If it has a past client relationship, contact us to confirm eligibility.)
Sorry, applications for Red Team Review: NASA closed January 23.