“Red Team Review” is an innovative pilot program that will provide professional guidance and a final review of a company’s SBIR/STTR proposal prior to submitting it to the participating federal agency.
The “red team” of SBDC specialists, led by Stephanie Amend, managing partner of Arrowhead Solutions, a govIRG company, will first provide guidance on proposal preparation, offer tools and templates, and finally, take the perspective of the agency and apply evaluation criteria that is articulated in the agency’s Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) through a red team review. This allows the proposal to be seen with fresh eyes—from a new perspective. After reviewing the team’s comments, the applicant will have one last chance to edit his or her proposal prior to the agency’s final deadline.
The Red Team Review program will focus on three separate agency solicitations—National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Department of Defense (DoD) and National Science Foundation (NSF).
Round 1: NASA
Applications for this round are now closed. Sign up to receive a notification in the event a NASA round is held again in the future.
Round 2: NSF
- NSF dates TBD (late summer/early fall 2022)
Round 3: DoD
- DoD dates TBD (2023)
Proposal Preparation Workshop
This one-hour webinar will cover agency-specific information including registration, FOA content, a checklist of what to prepare, strategies on budgeting and more. This webinar is required for all program participants.
Tools & Templates
After the webinar, participants will receive agency-specific tools, templates and guides in order to prepare their proposal.
Red Team Review
Participants will submit their proposal draft and will receive a thorough “Red Team Review” by SBDC specialists. The specialists will review the team’s comments with the participant during a one-hour virtual meeting.*
In order to apply for this program, your company must:
- Be headquartered in the State of Colorado
- Be in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State
- Have less than 500 employees
- Meet the SBA’s SBIR/STTR Program Eligibility Requirements
- Not be a previous participant of the TechSource Red Team Review program
- Not hire an outside company to write its SBIR/STTR proposal
- Disclose if it has a current client relationship with Arrowhead Solutions, Pantheon Solutions or govIRG (If it has a past client relationship, contact us to confirm eligibility.)
Applications for the first round of this program (NASA) are now closed. To receive a notification when applications for round two (NSF) or round three (DoD), sign up above.