What is TVXW?
TVXW is a 10-part virtual cohort series designed to help female entrepreneurs in emerging companies in Colorado’s advanced industries to overcome hurdles in order to accelerate growth and development. The format, topics and tangible assistance the program offers was developed from success working with early- and second-stage science and technology ventures for more than 10 years. TVXW focuses on growth through non-dilutive capital sources (so you aren’t giving away any equity in your company) and technology commercialization.
When is the program held?
The winter 2021 cohort is currently running. To receive a notification when the next TVX/TVXW cohort is opening, sign up below.
The Boulder SBDC will be hosting TVXB, for businesses located in the City of Boulder, starting June 15. For more information, click here.
How is the program structured?
The series combines a virtual peer group format with more than 30 hours of strategic growth consulting:
Who should apply?
Because of the federally-funded FAST grant, TVXW is designed for female founders, C-level leaders and executive managers in Colorado’s advanced industries, including:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Energy and natural resources
- Infrastructure engineering
- Technology and information
What topics will be covered?
- Market Research/Customer Discovery
- Positioning Statements
- Federal R&D Tax Credits
- Structure of a Pitch
- SBIR & Advanced Industries Grants
- Marketing & Business Model Strategies
- Value Proposition
- Identifying Target Markets
- Sales Team Compensation
- Building Management Teams
- Sales/Distribution Channels
- Protecting & Marking IP
- Legal Matters
- Non-Dilutive Sources of Funding
- Writing Commercialization Plans
- Building a Dashboard & Performance Indicators
- Contracting with the Government
- Accounting for Government Contracts
To apply for TVXW, businesses must:
- Be a woman-owned science and technology business
- Have headquarters in Colorado
- Have the potential for submitting SBIR/STTR proposals
The cost of the cohort is $2,450/participant. However, because of the federally-funded FAST grant, the cost to participate will be fully offset for accepted businesses. No more than 10 businesses will accepted into this exclusive TVX-W cohort.
How to Apply
The deadline to apply was January 14. Those that applied will be notified of their application’s status by January 20.